Art of Awareness: How Observation Can Transform Your Teaching
Margie Carter and Deb Curtis
Craft new opportunities in your classroom through observation
With new chapters and updates from early childhood leaders Deb Curtis and Margie Carter invite early childhood educators to learn the art and skill of observation.
The art of observing children is more than merely the act of watching them—it is also using what you see and hear to craft new opportunities in your classroom. This resource provides a wealth of inspiration and practice. It will help early childhood educators learn to observe in new ways, witness children’s remarkable competencies as they experience childhood, and find new joy in their work with children.
The third edition updates include:
- New information on schema theory including a list of the definitions of schemas
- Updated stories that reflect schema explorations and focus on observing children’s ability to get along
- Added information on identity development and the anti-bias goals
- New chapter on observing children using their bodies
- New QR codes to videos to continue learning
- Updates on technology and approaches to keeping observations at the center of required assessments
$95.00 (incl GST)
Available on back-order
Share this item:
$45.00 (incl GST)